Friday, April 13, 2012

When Roads Were Blocked For The Dame....

Yes, Dame Patience is in the news again but not for what you think it is. I have never written anything about her grammatical prowess (well, except for that one time...it was a picture actually if I remember correctly}.
Anyways, let's leave that for now as it is definitely a topic for another day.
I have to say that I am thrilled I do not have to discuss it today. I do not think I could stand replicating her style of English. It is sure to bring on a migraine.
Moving on however, I heard how she made traffic on the Island to come to a stand still only yesterday when she paid the Center of Excellence a courtesy visit or is it a "Thank You Visit" now?
Fine, we know the kind of entourage a typical Nigerian first lady moves around with. What with all the aides and special dignitaries, the multiple advisers and personal assistants. They have a real party going on in there!
I do not have a problem with that personally as I am rather indifferent about such things. I do take it personal however when the First lady is attending an event at Ocean View restaurant on Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Victoria Island and people in different parts of Victoria Island, Ikoyi and even as far as Lekki have to groan in the crawling traffic situation which lasted a grueling 9 hours!
Is that wickedness or what? Inside that Lagos heat? My Lawd! So, I understand people trying to get to other parts of the Island had to pass through Tiamiyu Savage Street and "the traffic was moving very slowly.” Even visitors of the prestigious Eko Hotel were affected as they were not allowed in with their vehicles. Imagine trekking into that place?!
Well, I salute the over zealous security operatives who will not allow the 1st lady come to any harm. They deserve the pay they get, after all they worked really hard for it. I just want the 1st lady to know that even though a vast number of Nigerians may not be pleased with her delivery of the English language during National and International events, they would not necessarily seek to maim her. Ok, I speak for myself.
So as you can imagine, traffic that was crippled as early a s 8am and left to crawl for the duration of her time there (like 9 hours) continued up until late. Like come on! You know the way traffic is at the close of work now!? I just feel
for everyone who was caught up in that crazy hold up. I can't even begin to imagine.
Seriously, 1st Ladies...consider now?


No comments:

Post a Comment